Non-Profit Management Internships in China
GEO has partnered with Global Studies Institute (GSI) to create a new series of international internships, called GlobalWorks.
Among the more than a dozen distinct opportunities, students interested in global health and development issues can apply for an internship in non-profit management.
The GlobalWorks Non-Profit Management Program provides students with the opportunity to work in China where over 400,000 NGOs are currently active. A wide range of issues are addressed, including student drop-out rates, labor rights, women’s rights and environmental protection. Internship placements could be in: Shanghai, Beijing, & Shenzhen.
Each internship offers the chance to:
- Create a monthly English language newsletter and weekly blog entries that highlight new program initiatives, fundraising activities, etc.
- Organize and developing activities and presentations for events, summits and other gatherings.
- Attend meetings with lobbying organizations.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work on a team.
- Interest in China- politics, history, culture etc.
- Strong management and organizational skills.